- Those who have symptoms
- Those without symptoms
- Those who have been treated 2 weeks ago
It’s especially important to get tested if:
- You are beginning a new relationship
- You and your partner are deciding on not using condoms
- Your partner may have cheated on you or has other partners
- You have more than 1 partner
- You have symptoms that suggest an STD infection
People in a long-term, mutually monogamous relationship, and both partners tested before entering the relationship – may not need regular STI testing.
But most in long-term relationships do not get tested prior. And it is possible that one or both partners may carry an undiagnosed STD for years.
The safest choice always is to get tested.