- Those who have symptoms
- Those without symptoms
- Those who have been treated 2 weeks ago
It’s especially important to get tested if:
- Your partner has been tested positive for an STD such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea.
- You are beginning a new relationship
- You and your partner are deciding on not using condoms
- Your partner may have cheated on you or has other partners
- You have more than 1 partner
- You have symptoms that suggest an STD infection
People in a long-term, mutually monogamous relationship, and both partners tested before entering the relationship – may not need regular STI testing.
But most in long-term relationships do not get tested prior. And it is possible that one or both partners may carry an undiagnosed STD for years.