Different symptoms may manifest for different STDs, though certain STDs or STIs may come with no symptoms. Some STDs will also only manifest symptoms during very late stages of infection. This is also why STD testing is important for sexually active personnel; to detect any underlying conditions quickly and accurately.
Some common symptoms of STDs may include:
- abnormal vaginal / urethral discharge
- pain during urination
- itch or pain in the vagina / urethra
- rashes, sores and / or blisters on sexual organs
- abnormal growths or lumps on sexual organs
- swells, pain, aches, dullness in the testicles
- swelling of the lymph nodes at the groin
To conclusively detect any potential STD in a person, a comprehensive analysis of your risk complete with STD testing is recommended. Most STDs may be treated completely with prompt STD testing.