DTAP Express offers quick and fuss-free hepatitis B vaccination by certified vaccinators.
Hepatitis B vaccine can prevent hepatitis B, a liver disease that can cause mild illness lasting a few weeks, or it can lead to a serious, lifelong illness.
The hepatitis B vaccine is usually given as 3 shots.
Children and adolescents younger than 19 years of age who have not yet gotten the vaccine should be vaccinated.
Adults who were not vaccinated previously and want to be protected against hepatitis B can also get the vaccine.
Hepatitis B vaccine is also recommended for the following people:
- People whose sex partners have hepatitis B
- Sexually active persons who are not in a long-term, monogamous relationship
- People seeking evaluation or treatment for a sexually transmitted disease
- Victims of sexual assault or abuse
- Men who have sexual contact with other men
- People who share needles, syringes, or other drug-injection equipment
- People who live with someone infected with the hepatitis B virus
- Health care and public safety workers at risk for exposure to blood or body fluids
- Residents and staff of facilities for developmentally disabled people
- People living in jail or prison
- Travelers to regions or persons living in regions with increased rates of hepatitis B
- People with chronic liver disease, kidney disease on dialysis, HIV infection, infection with hepatitis C, or diabetes
Speak to our certified vaccinators and get yourself and your loved ones protected today.