Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which test should I take?
You will be required to take a self assessment to determine the most suitable test for you.
2. How long do I have to wait for my results?
For Rapid STD Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea testing of the Urine, Throat, Rectal and Vaginal samples, results will be ready in 3 working days.
For Full Urine STD screening and Full Vaginal STD swab screening, results will be out within 5 to 7 working days.
*In the meantime, do abstain from sexual contact.
3. What happens after I receive my results?
If your results are CLEAR, no further follow up will be required.
For cases where your results show that you require treatment, a follow up appointment at our nearest DTAP Clinic will be made for you at your next available time and date for you to consult a doctor regarding your results.
4. What is Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT)?
If you’ve been diagnosed with an STD, you may be able to get treatment for your partner too. With EPT, your partner can get treated quickly without having to go to the doctor first. You will be protected from your partner passing the infection back to you and neither of you will pass the infection on in the future.
Without treatment your partner could pass the STD back to you. Many people with STDs have no signs or symptoms, so your partner may have the STD and not know it. Left untreated, STDs can cause serious health problems.
5. When should i get tested for STDs & HIV?
A lot of STDs are symptomless. The earliest time to get checked after your sexual exposure are as follows:
- Chlamydia – 24 Hours – 5 Days
- Gonorrhea – 24 Hours – 6 Days
- Trichomoniasis – 5 Days – 28 Days
- HIV – after 90 Days
When to get tested after STD treatment (Post Treatment test of cure):
- Chlamydia – 21 Days after treatment
- Gonorrhea – 21 Days after treatment
- Trichomoniasis – 90 Days after treatment